Friday 31 May 2013

Bring It On Home

I bought the frock that I am wearing today from Myrorna in Orebro a couple of years ago when I was visiting my folks in Sweden. The rose print reminded me of a huge Russian shawl that my mum had in the late 70s and that I used to pinch to play dress-up with. The maker of the frock is unknown but there is a label that reads 'Made in England' so I guess you could say that I brought it back home in more ways than one.
70s gypsy dress, 80s boots, 90s Moschino denim jacket, tights & necklace all second hand.
This Saturday Frocktasia will be peddling vintage and retro threads at The Dandy Lion Market again. This will be my forth time but the market itself will be celebrating its second birthday, hipp hipp huzzah!
If you haven't been yet then this will truly be a brilliant month to visit as Leslie's got a few surprises in store as well as another wicked line-up of fabulous sellers, you can check out the trader features on the FB page if you so wish.
Here's a sneak peek of  the cracking clobber Frocktasia will be bringing along on the day...
I will be bringing a few more bits but as Mark is working the weekend I've really made an effort not to overload as I'll be carting the stuff myself on Saturday morning. My small selection of menswear will be coming along too. Guys shirts with loud prints seem to be a winner at The Dandy.

What happened to the glorious weather, eh!
Can we have it back please?
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


11 comments:

Leslie Wilson-Rutterford said...

Love the dress and the rhododendrons, or is it oleander? Really, really love the song, and the band, but you already know that. Can't wait to see these frocks and your fine and dandy self this Saturday. Quite fancy that one with the black upper and diamond pattern on the bottom. Hope you like bubbly! xx

two squirrels said...

Oh sweet that is the most stunning dress on you......look at your little waist......the style is perfect.
What yummy treasures you are taking to the "Dandy Lion" they are sure to find lovely new homes. Good luck.
Have a scrumptious weekend.
Love V

Connie Staccato said...

That dress is pretty damn gorgeous. I love black-and-pink together.

thorne garnet said...

what an amazing bunch of frocks! I'm sure you'll go home with pockets full of $$$$

Vix said...

What fabulous stock, you're going to make a bomb tomorrow, I just know it!
I'm just about to start getting ready for our weekend of selling. The selling's nothing compared to the effort of selecting the stock, is it?
Love that pretty dress and the gorgeous rose print. xxx

Unknown said...

wow - mycket snyggt du har att sälja ! Din egen klänning var jättefin- Myrorna Örebro hmmm .. fyndade nått där i höstas tror jag , var där på kongress.

Becky said...

Loving the gypsy dress, denim jacket, and boots!! Killer! Good luck at the market-- amazing selection.
Becky

Shybiker said...

Ooh, amazing clothes. The dress you're wearing is cute.

Lucys Lounge said...

a lovely selection. have a great weekend. lucy

Panty Buns said...

You look stunning in that English frock from Myrorna in Orebro! That 70s gypsy dress is a real beauty. Happy second birthday to the Dandy Lion Market at The Oxford. Perusing the "crackling clobber" you will have on your rails at the Dandy Lion Market I couldn't help but notice how much more fabulous those frocks look in the photos where they are being modeled by you instead of being on the mannequins. You've a lovely assortment of vintage frocks headed for sale. Whatever your regimen is, your mannequins would do well to adopt it - if only they could help you carry the lovely clothes you have for sale to The Oxford. That ultra-feminine pink frock in the center of the fifth row of photos is gorgeous. I love the ones with puffy sleeves, the florals, the delicate fabrics, the ruffled hem (left side, sixth row), the red frock with the lacy top and bow at the waist... It all looks fabulous. Best of luck with your trek there and back. Enjoy the 2nd anniversary celebration and sale :)

Vanessa said...

That rainbow-dyed slip is just perfection! I can't even stand how awesome it is!